Nameserver fully visible on the web ?

David Botham dns at botham.net
Wed Aug 14 16:24:44 UTC 2002

Probably would be a good idea to use an fqdn in the dname for your
name server like this:

TrollCookies.com. IN SOA ns1TrollCookies.com.
MrSpyder.RedbacksWeb.com. (

>    1029204830
>    10800
>    3600
>    604800
>    38400 )
> TrollCookies.com. IN NS 203.19.70.28

Right hand data for an NS RR MUST be a domain name, not an IP
address.  Try this:

TrollCookies.com. IN NS ns1.TrollCookies.com.

Also, it is RFC compliant to have two name servers.  Find someone to
be a slave for your zone...

> www.TrollCookies.com. IN A 203.19.70.28
> forum.TrollCookies.com. IN A 203.19.70.28
> giulietta.TrollCookies.com. IN A 203.19.70.28
> ns1.TrollCookies.com. IN A 203.19.70.28
> ns2.TrollCookies.com. IN A 203.19.70.28

Not really a second (slave) name server, but, nice try...

> TrollCookies.com. IN MX 10 giulietta.TrollCookies.com
                                                        ^.
You forgot the trailing dot "." at the end of the above line.  It
should read:

TrollCookies.com. IN MX 10 giulietta.TrollCookies.com.

Fix the stuff here and see if your problems go away, if not, write
back.

BTW, you supplied a good amount of detail in your message.  Others
should use this message as an example and not anonymize their
information.

Hope this helps,

Dave...