Docs and howto for running a public nameserver

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Wed Aug 14 11:35:17 UTC 2002

Alexander Newald <alexander at newald.de> wrote:
> Hello,

> I like to run a public nameserver for my domains. Where can I find a howto
> and docs about this? What have I to consider for using the nameserver for
> .cno domains? Is there any special newsgroup for this?

> Thanks,

> Alexander Newald

I'll suggest starting with a book : Managing DNS and BIND,
o'reilly, isbn 0-596-00158-4

Next step is reading the documentation about the nameserver brand choosen.

Most nameservers allows local test-setups, where you may try various
things.

This group deals primarily with "bind", which is no big limitation
since bind is the dominant nameserver on Internet.

--
Peter Håkanson