non-authoritative zone (NOTAUTH) problem in bind on debian

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Aug 13 22:49:12 UTC 2002

Pete Ehlke wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 09:57:42PM -0500, David A. Cornelson wrote:
> > "Kevin Darcy" <kcd at daimlerchrysler.com> wrote in message
> > news:aj98o6$3mov$1 at isrv4.isc.org...
> > >
> > > Pete Ehlke wrote:
> > >
> > > Offhand, the zone files look OK to me. David, what's in your logs at zone
> > load
> > > time?
> > >
> No, I did not. Please be more careful with how you trim and quote
> messages.

Um, excuse me, I was responding to both you (specifically, your comment about
the default TTL being too low) as well as to the original poster. Perhaps
*you* should be more careful with your trimming, because you've made it look
like I was responding exclusively to David while leaving your name in the
attributions. That's a distortion of what actually happened.

- Kevin