Name Records Transfers Look Odd -> Using Webmin to administer Bin d 9.1

Brian Guild Brian at body1.com
Mon Apr 29 16:14:23 UTC 2002

Guys,

Below is my zone record for one of my domains, shoulder1.com.  As you can
see, I have listed two name servers in the master zone because I was told
this is good practice.  When using Webmin, for some reason it populates the
first column of the NS record with the zone name, even when I leave that
entry space blank.

Now, when I set up my slave zone, all of the records transfer perfectly,
except for the NS records.  On the slave DNS server, it receives
"dns1.body1.com.shoulder.com" as primary name server, but it also lists
"dns2.body1.com.shoulder1.com" as the secondary.  Seems as though it is
reapplying the zone name to the end of the NS record.  There is no doubt it
is doing this because it is reading it off of the primary.  I am concerned
this will cause a problemHas anyone seen anything like this? Does anyone
know how to get webmin to not insert the zone name prior to the NS record
without having to manually edit the record file?

Thank you,

Brian

$ttl 38400
shoulder1.com.	IN	SOA	dns1.body1.com. domains.body1.com. (
			1019505347
			10800
			3600
			604800