Can someone post a good clean CACHE.DNS file?

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Thu Apr 25 17:41:27 UTC 2002

Barry Margolin <barmar at genuity.net> wrote:
> In article <aa89lf$7fm at pub3.rc.vix.com>,  <phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu> wrote:
>>
>>those who know me have no need of my name <not-a-real-address at usa.net> wrote:
>>
>>> <aa73ts$69l at pub3.rc.vix.com> divulged:

>>> something of a catch-22 here.  bind has a built-in list, but we're not
>>> talking bind here.
>>
>>the above command will ask the nameservers mentioned in /etc/resolv.conf
>>to get the current root-server list. Not what's in the nameservers
>>root-cache.

> But if resolv.conf is pointing to your own nameserver, whose list you're
> trying to update, then it *is* a catch-22.

Very true.

My mind was faster then my fingers this time. As dig is not existing
with wintendo i was actually thinking of "dig"-ing on a un*x box
and transfering the file from there. This part was omitted, thus
the message was misleading. ( don't everyone has a "good-old"
un*x box at hand when things goes wrong :-)?

Someone submitted a root-hint file to the file asked for
has been sent.

--
Peter Håkanson
        IPSec  Sverige      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)