MX Record Sub-Domain Problem

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Apr 24 18:38:36 UTC 2002

In article <aa6kdh$5h0 at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
William Benneke <william.bennecke at ey-as.com> wrote:

>Barry Margolin <barmar at genuity.net> wrote in message
>news:<aa42h1$sor at pub3.rc.vix.com>...
>> In article <aa421t$smk at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
>> William Benneke <william.bennecke at ey-as.com> wrote:
>> >I wanted to do something like this:

>>  sub                                        IN MX  10 chuxtst01.ey-as.com.
>>
>> Maybe when you did it you forgot to comment out the NS record after the
>> "sub IN MX" line.  That would cause the subdomain to be delegated, which
>> would then require the MX record to be in the sub.cgeygoa.com zone file on
>> ns2 instead of the cgeygoa.com zone on ns1.
>

>Yep, that was it!!
>Thanks for all your help!!

This is yet another example of why you should post the *real* DB files when
you post a question like this.  Go back and read your initial post and try
to figure out how I could possibly have guessed that this was the problem.
And even from the above post it was pretty difficult -- the file you sent
was correct because the line was really commented out.

You have to post the *actual* file that's causing problems.  When you just
describe what you intended to do, there are too many details missing.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA