Fastest sequence for transferring your DNS from one provider to a nother

Brian Guild Brian at body1.com
Wed Apr 24 13:44:30 UTC 2002

Guys,

I'm looking to expedite a DNS change from one set of DNS servers to another
in the fastest time possible.  Here is what I have done so far:

1) At the GTLD level, I have reassigned the DNS servers for the domain.  My
registrar is Bulkregister, so I did it through their administrative
interface.  When I check a-gtld.rootservers.net, I certainly get back
information saying the dns servers for www.shoulder1.com <www.shoulder1.com>
are dns1.body1.com and dns2.body1.com

2) At my current ISP, I had them change the TTL on the current zone to 1
day.  It is my understanding that when other name servers see this, they
will expire their cache and get the information from my new name servers.

What else can/should be done to ensure the quickest possible DNS change and
propogation to other DNS servers around the world?  Have I followed the
proper procedure thus far?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian Guild
Network Manager
Body1, Inc.
Business: 617-576-9400
Fax: 617-576-9430
Body1, Inc.  "Where HealthCare and Technology Meet"
Preview "eForums" Online Meeting tools at: http://www.Body1.com/demo.cfm
<http://www.Body1.com/demo.cfm>
Receive a free bimonthly health "e" letter:
http://www.body1.com/inside/index.cfm?action=2
<http://www.body1.com/inside/index.cfm?action=2>
http://www.Body1.com <http://www.Body1.com>
http://www.Wounds1.com <http://www.Wounds1.com>