[SOLVED] Re: BIND9.2 / freebsd 4.4 / chroot not working

Jeff Shevlen jshevlen at passedpawn.com
Wed Apr 24 03:35:25 UTC 2002

Thanks Martin, BIND was looking in the wrong directory: named.conf
should've been in /var/named/usr/local/etc as you pointed out.  The
last time I installed bind, I didn't use ports, which did not have the
latest and greatest, so I ran the ISC version which defaults to /etc.

> > I've placed localtime in the root of chroot, /var/namedb/,
>
> I believe it should be in /var/namedb/etc but if it works for you
everythin is
> OK.

localtime seems to work just fine as it is in /var/named, FTR.

Jeff