queued named-xfers??

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue Apr 23 17:07:00 UTC 2002

In article <aa42lh$spg at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Steve Foster  <fosters at uk.psi.com> wrote:
>superb, so i would be right in thinking state 28041 equals:
>Z_NEED_QSERIAL  0x00020000	/* we need to re-call qserial(
>Z_TIMER_SET	0x00008000	/* z_timer contains a valid id
>Z_FOUND		0x00000040	/* found in boot file when reloading
>Z_AUTH		0x00000001	/* zone is authoritative

Yes.

>and that a state ending in 2 indicates i am queued to do a transfer...

Actually, I'd expect it to be 3, since you're usually authoritative for
zones that you're queued to transfer (and it would be 5 while the transfer
is occurring).  The only time it would be just 2 is if the zone has expired
or you've never successfully transferred it in the first place.  Maybe stub
zones would also have that combination, since they use zone transfers but
aren't authoritative.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA