odd problems with named-xfer.

Steve Foster fosters at uk.psi.com
Thu Apr 18 15:16:01 UTC 2002

All,

i think this could be linked to a named-xfer backlog, i seem to be being
capped at 20 concurrent inbound transfers, even though i have specified it
as 50 in named.conf , i currently have set the following:

        transfer-format many-answers ;
        transfers-per-ns 50 ;
        transfers-in 50 ;

in an effort to get it to do a bit more, but i just get the following from
daemon.log:

named[1612]: the maximum number of concurrent inbound transfers is 20

from reading the manual at www.isc.org is suggests that this is
overrideable, but doesn't actually appear to be, or are there other
variables that need modifying firstly..

many thanks

Steve