problems with BIND9 and out-of-zone

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Apr 17 23:23:26 UTC 2002

".cp." wrote:

> Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, I'm not sure which zone file you need
> to see.

The zone file for the zone that named is complaining about. I see from below that you've already figured out what zone that is. While you're at it, why don't you post the relevant definition from named.conf? Maybe there's a mismatch between the zone definition and the contents of the
zone file.

> I did comment out the section of the named.conf which called up
> the ".rev" file and that error message about "out-of-zone" stopped.
> But why do the "lame-server" messages still keep happening?

Presumably because you're no longer authoritative for the zone, having commented out the zone definition. You need to fix the problem in the zone file, not lobotomize named.conf so that it has no knowledge of the zone...

                                                                                                                                        - Kevin