Recently Registered Primary DNS will not resolve by name

Brian Guild Brian at body1.com
Mon Apr 15 16:08:24 UTC 2002

Guys,

Bear with me here because I am very new at bringing up DNS boxes.  Anyway, I
registered my primary DNS, dns1.body1.com with my registrar Netsol.  When I
do a whois on the name server through Netsol, I get the appropriate
corresponding IP and name.

Yet, when I try to resolve this server by name from, say, for example,
another DNS server, I have no luck.  Yes, I can ping it by IP number, but I
cannot communicate by name.  I have seen most other DNS servers set up so
you can reach them by name.  Do I have anything to worry about?  Have I not
configured or registered this machine correctly?

I thought the whole reason you would set up your own DNS server is to free
yourself from the dependancy of other DNS servers...but, it doesn't seem to
be working that way.

Thank you kindly.

Brian

Brian Guild
Network Manager
Body1, Inc.
Business: 617-576-9400
Fax: 617-576-9430
Body1, Inc.  "Where HealthCare and Technology Meet"
Preview "eForums" Online Meeting tools at: http://www.Body1.com/demo.cfm
<http://www.Body1.com/demo.cfm>
Receive a free bimonthly health "e" letter:
http://www.body1.com/inside/index.cfm?action=2
<http://www.body1.com/inside/index.cfm?action=2>
http://www.Body1.com <http://www.Body1.com>
http://www.Wounds1.com <http://www.Wounds1.com>