$TTL errors

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri Apr 12 19:22:51 UTC 2002

In article <a97bfe$kmo at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Georgeson, Evan [NCSUS Non J&J] <EGeorges at NCSUS.JNJ.COM> wrote:
>	I was wondering if you could inform me as to how I can suppress this
>error (it fills my log) as I have 6300+ zones allocated I cannot go through
>and insert TTL.

Why can't you?  It should be a trivial script.

># No default TTL ($TTL <value>) set, using SOA minimum instead

I don't think there's a logging category just for this message, so if you
suppress it you would miss lots of other messages as well.

You should fix your zone files.  This has been required for several years,
it's time you got up to date.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA