nsupdate non interactive.

Charles Bodley bodley at tflogic.com
Fri Apr 12 17:40:54 UTC 2002

Didn't the old nsupdate command have the ability to accept all the
parameters and issue command in a command line mode? seem to recall this
feature but the closest the documentation I have now says is how to load
from a file. I'm trying to write a script to update my dns entry whenever
the IP changes. While I'm currently just echoing the variables to a file and
then running it against the file, I would like to be able to do it all from
the one command. Is this no longer possible? Was this part of the standard
nsupdate program or some custom one? I'm pretty sure it was a standard bind
8.2p5 or something like that. (When I took over the old system one of the
first things I did was reformat) Would the old nsupdate be able to update a
bind 9 server?

Found this on the web.
nsupdate [ -a ] [ -g ] [ -i ] [ -q ] [ -v ] [ -? ] [ -k KeyFile] [ -h
HostName ] [ -d DomainName ] [ -p PrimaryName ] [ -r IPAddress ] [ -s
"CommandString"]