to make resolv unique address

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri Apr 12 14:17:52 UTC 2002

In article <a96g3o$j17 at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Hasan Övüç  <hasan at superonline.net> wrote:
>Queries from a network or an ip direct to unique address.
>
>for example:
>
>10.1.1.2--------www.cnn.com-------------------130.14.14.2
>or--------www.hotmail.com--------------130.14.14.2
>10.1.1.3--------www.hotmail.com--------------130.14.14.2
>or--------www.cnn.com-------------------130.14.14.2
>10.1.1.4--------www.terran.com----------------130.14.14.2
>or--------www.cnn.com-------------------130.14.14.2
>
>while
>
>172.24.0.0/24 network can normally make query from dns.
>
>Is this possible?

Yes, use the "views" feature of BIND 9 to give different answers depending
in the client address.  In the view that matches 10.1.1.0/24, configure the
server as the master for "." and put the following in the "." zone file:

* IN A 130.14.14.2

Configure the view for 172.24.0.0/24 as a normal caching server.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA