Help: how can I opena a domain also without "www" !?

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Fri Apr 12 09:49:44 UTC 2002

Fabio <fabio at nospam.xx> wrote:
> Hi there,

> Could you help me about configuring bind ?

> I have my own Linux server running Apache web server.

> I can reach all my domains typing www.domain.com but I cannot if I type only
> domain.com in the browser.

> I have tryed to add these virtual host to httpd.conf (without www) but I
> have not solved the issue.

> I suppose I have do modify path/named/domainname.com file, but I really
> don't know what to change or add here.

> Could anybody help abou t?

It one of those regularily repeating questions, but here is
a repeat answer :

In your zonefile for "foo.bar" :

@	IN	SOA  <whatever parameters>

	IN	NS	<your favorite nameservers>
	IN	NS	< shure you have at leat 2 ?>
	IN	MX	<prio> <your favorite mailMTA>
	IN	A	<ip of your webserver fits here>

 ..

www	IN	CNAME	foo.bar.
( or if you feel for it :
www	IN	A	<ip of your webserver fits here>
 )

--
Peter Håkanson
        IPSec  Sverige      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)