Renewing leases during failover?

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Thu Apr 11 16:49:02 UTC 2002

Steve Rooke <steve.rooke at cdhb.govt.nz> wrote:
> I have the need to maintain allocated IP address assignments to WS but
> I'm suffering from address depletion due to NIC and WS replacement using
> static BOOTP. I wish to use DHCP with 3 month leases so that things
> should remain static but at the same time I get the stale IPs back for
> allocation.

ISC dhcpserver will assign an infinit leasetime for a bootp request

You can use a global statement :
 dynamic-bootp-lease-length 86400;

to limit these leases ( to 1 day in the above example)

Have a look in dhcpd.leases and confirm the infinit leases !

Peter h

--
Peter Håkanson
        IPSec  Sverige      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)