Please Help? MX and domain name issue

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Apr 10 15:26:11 UTC 2002

In article <a90m3b$3nh at pub3.rc.vix.com>,  <Mark_Andrews at isc.org> wrote:
>	The need for A records to help those old mailers has long
>	past.  MX only domains have been a fact of life on the
>	Internet for many years.  I administered several ~10 years
>	ago and never in all the years I was postmaster for that
>	site did I have one complaint about reachabilty due to
>	there only being MX records.

I have an additional philosophy about this: if someone has a boneheaded
mailer that doesn't follow MX records, that's *their* problem, not yours.
They won't be able to send to *many* places on the Internet -- why should
you go out of your way to accomodate them?

If your phone number contained an 8 and you found out that there were some
people whose phones had broken 8 keys, would you change your phone number?

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA