Problems with Bind 9.2 on solaris 8

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Fri Apr 5 10:02:39 UTC 2002

vishal <planetjeans at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>   I have installed Bind 9.2 (the latest version) on Solaris 8.

> I have done a ./configure, make and make install and everything went
> smoothly without a hitch. But there is one problem - I cant find the
> usual files like named.conf in its usual location /etc or named.db or
> for that matter any other files.

> Could anyone plz tell me if they have documentation or configuration
> guide for Bind 9.2. Really would appreciate it. The administration
> guide given with Bind was useless - didnt contain some very basics
> which make an admin guide.

Have you even read it ? I personally find the documentation
supplied with bind-9 superiour to any previous releases, and the
'arm-book' is even worth to be printed and used as 'paper-manual'.

As regards to your question, start reading the "arm-bok" at
chapter 1.4 "The Domain Name System" , continue with
chapter 3 "Nameserver Configuration" , which just happens to
start with a subchapter "Sample Configurations"

After reading this i'm shure you are able to cut-and-paste
together a working named.conf, and populate your
favorite directory with your zonefiles.

--
Peter Håkanson
        IPSec  Sverige      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)