in-addr for x.x.x.x/29 subnet

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Apr 3 22:13:37 UTC 2002

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu wrote:

> dirk Riebesell <driebesell at t-online.de> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
>
> > i need help for my in-addr file.
> > I didn't found any matching config or spec for following problem:
> > how can i create an in-addr file for an Network with an 255.255.255.248
> > subnetmask. All configs i found are only for /24 subnets
>
> rfc2317 describes one way to do this.
>
> It's also dovumented in "managing dna and bind" 4-th edition.

Hey, I'm interested in managing my DNA! There are a few, um, genetic
imperfections I wouldn't mind correcting.

Perhaps I should tinker a bit with my "making fun of other peoples' typos"
gene. Tone it down a little. :-)

Speaking of typos, you can always tell the mainframe dinosaurs around here:
they consistently mistype DNS as "DSN" (= Data Set Name). The Novell weenies,
on the other hand, keep mistyping DNS as "NDS" (=Novell Directory Services).
So many TLAs (Three-Letter Acronyms), so little time...

- Kevin