Glue at root

Len Conrad LConrad at Go2France.com
Wed Apr 3 08:49:15 UTC 2002

> > So I'm still a bit fuzzy as to how I get Glue for my own nameserver?
>
>Ah ha - the full message is fairly clear. The gtld-servers.net
>only supply glue for .com (and some other of these non
>geographic TLD), so they wouldn't be expected to know the IP of
>the ".ca" servers.

I've explained this to Scott Perry at Declude, who runs DNSreport.

>Although calling them "root servers" is a bit misleading

I've also corrected his terminology here, too.

>since the DNS Expert owners have a few experts around here, perhaps
>they'll take note, or explain why they called them "root
>servers" in this instance.

I'll bring these issues  up with him, again.

Len

http://MenAndMice.com/DNS-training
http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : ISC BIND for NT4 & W2K
http://IMGate.MEIway.com  : Build free, hi-perf, anti-abuse mail gateways