root-servers.net replaced?

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Mon Apr 1 09:26:47 UTC 2002

CJ <cozzmo1 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu wrote in message news:<a7qdg9$4ie at pub3.rc.vix.com>...

>>Verisign has nothing to do with root-servers.

> Not true.

One learns every day.

But isn't most of the root-servers run by various independant organizations ?
And to what degree does verisign "control" the root-servers ? Any links
to spread some more knowledge about this ?

Peter h

--
Peter Håkanson
        IPSec  Sverige      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)