is there authentication for DDNS

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Sep 28 20:32:42 UTC 2001

Real OS'es can use TSIG to authenticate queries and updates.

Win2K uses GSS-TSIG to authenticate its updates, but currently that only works
between Win2K clients and Win2K DNS servers.

The best form of "authentication" (I hesitate to even use the term) between
Win2K clients and BIND servers, currently, is authentication based on source
IP address.

- Kevin