CAN DNS FOR ANOTHER DOMAIN RUN ON DIFERENT DOMAIN SERVER

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Fri Sep 28 18:08:47 UTC 2001

On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 03:46:37PM +0530, RAGHVENDRA SHUKLA wrote:
>        I want to set the dns  for domain say mydomain  on the server
> which is running   on the diferent domain ??

I do not understand your question.

You can, of course, run many different domains from one server.

If you are asking whether you can "hijack" a domain and pretend to be
its name server to some part of the 'Net, then, yes.  But it is usually
a very bad thing to do.  A new capability, DNSSEC, takes away this
ability.

You must explain your circumstances before you can get a good answer.
Use real domain names, not "mydomain", which is meaningless.

OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B