log in bind 9

viet anh vietanh1977 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 04:31:43 UTC 2001

I am using Bind 9.1.3. In this version I see the option for log
information of internal database for zone and file data in DNS server.
I setup my config file (named.conf) like that:
 channel log_database {
                        file "/var/named/log-database";
                        severity info;
                print-category yes;
                print-severity yes;
                print-time yes;
                };
                category "database" {
                                        "log_database";
                                    };
                };
My Bind 9 created file log_database but there is nothing in it.

Anyone can help me: with this options I setup, what kind of information
about database I will receive.

How can I log information about what is changed in database.
For example, if I add or delete one domain name, DNS will log this
information to a file so I can view this file.

Thank you very much for your information