newbie: Invalid Name Server

john-paul delaney jp at justatest.com
Tue Sep 25 23:20:00 UTC 2001

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Barry Margolin wrote:

Thanks Barry for picking up on this one... it looks like I've missed
something glaringly obvious - but I'm still ignorant of exactly what.

I'm not sure what you mean by registered - my nameserver machine hostname
is registered with NIC.NET.  The new website domain is also registered
with NIC.NET - I just want to insert my own nameserver in the dns entry
for the new domain... but I'm told it's an invalid nameserver.

It looks like I have to perform some special 'nameserver' registration to
make my nameserver a publicly visible one?

Any additional explanation(s) highly appreciated...

/j-p.