DHCP/DDNS and CNAME

Sylvain ROY sylvain.roy at telintrans.fr
Mon Sep 24 07:52:13 UTC 2001

For example, I've got one domain "test.com" and the reverse domain. This
domain is populated by the DHCP. What I would like to do is the following:

- Ahost is leased in the DHCP.
- The DHCP dynamically update the DDNS

pc1             IN  A       10.0.0.1                   (ok with
ddns-domainname "test.com" in dhcpd.conf)

1.0.0.10      IN PTR     pc1.TEST.COM.  (ok with ddns-rev-domainname
"in-addr.arpa" in dhcpd.conf)

AND I would like to do (this is my question ...):

pc1.test  IN CNAME pc1.TEST.COM.

Sylvain.