newbie: Invalid Name Server

john-paul delaney jp at justatest.com
Sun Sep 23 09:35:56 UTC 2001

Hello...

I've setup a home ADSL NAT'ed nameserver (9.1.3) on Linux7.0, created zone
data files for some virtual websites but when I try to modify the DNS
record (with NIC.NET) for one of these (so the first DNS entry points to
my new nameserver), I receive the error:

                     "Invalid Name Server"

The log on my machine indicates the name server loads ok (with one error
on the PTR record of my single fixed ip address - which resolves to my
ISP's pool - the error is;...in-addr.arpa/IN: No DNS records).

Nslookup, host, and dig reply when specifying my nameserver as the server
to be queried - so it appears to be working?

Any advice on steps to take to correct my error will be greatly
appreciated,

TIA

/j-p.