simple bind question(?)

ron beamer rdbeamerinc at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 22 00:13:21 UTC 2001

sorry about the blank post.  too much coffee, and too little sleep.
my questions probally easy, but not that easy.

I am running bind 8.1.2, and working my way through dns & bind, thought
i'd set up the dns correctly for a sco box i'm working on. However, been
reading the listings from other newbies to bind, I realize my config is
incorrect, and am not sure what exactly i'm missing.
I have one host, on a network (subnetted class c)with 2 other namesevers.

on the sco box i was thinking i set up all the domains i'm hosting as
primary zones.  Each one had there own db. file with the soa, ns, a, mx
and cname records in it.  I also have a in-addr.arpa db with all the prt
records in it.
In named.conf I have all the domains listed correctly as primarys.
Everything resolves, but  i realized  when i got ready to config an nt
server as a slave  for the sco that the only thing that was going to get
backed up was the parent zone.
what i'm wanting is to set up the "virtual domains" up, with the host as
the parent.  what am i missing?
one other question.  is it possible to set up just one zone as a slave
(the in-addr.arpa zone for example?

any help would be GREATLY appreciated
thanks

=====