DNS newbie

Pons, Eric PonsE at investorservices.net
Thu Sep 20 21:02:04 UTC 2001

Forgive my ignorance, I have been reading the O'Reilly book DNS & BIND. It
has not shined much light however for what I need to do. I have downloaded
BIND 8.2.4 but I do not want to use it as a DNS for my local network. My
boss wishes to continue to use WINS for local name resolution but wishes me
to build a DNS box to handle all internet name resolution. Right now I only
have the default zone files that BIND came with. Could someone perhaps point
me in the right direction as to how to set this up?
Thank you very much for your time and support.