blocking Popups with Bind

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Thu Sep 20 18:08:51 UTC 2001

In article <9od17m$s8r at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
 <pelln at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu.invalid> wrote:
>You could do more with less work if you delegate zones not individual
>hosts,

But if the domain has both ad hosts and hosts you want to be able to access
(perhaps there's an optout.doubleclick.net) you'll end up blocking both of
them.

Your suggestion also makes the script harder, as it has to be able to
figure out how much of the hostname in the URL to strip off to come up with
the zone name.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA