Newbie: DNS and NAT?

Mattias Nyholm mattias.nyholm at framfab.se
Wed Sep 19 08:46:53 UTC 2001

Ah, but that wasn't what I meant. The problem I was talking about is
putting the DNS server on a DMZ with a non-public IP address. It
would serve the Internet, and it would be authorative for it's domain.
Problem is that it won't accept being authorative, since it would have
an internal IP address while the DNS zone would contain the public
address.

This (putting the DNS in a DMZ) must be a common problem/setup?

Mattias

PS With my coding skills I'm pretty sure they would be more than
happy _not_ to accept my contribution.. :)

news:9o8gj2$1ve at pub3.rc.vix.com...