root(@) with CNAME record help

Escario Julien pandemik at asylog.net
Tue Sep 18 16:52:31 UTC 2001

Hello,
I'm running BIND 8.2.2 for a few month and just want to have my adress
asylog.net directed to ip 193.246.250.178

Here's the complete db file (just if someone can say me why $ttl line is
needed ..)
What's wrong ? because when I restart bind I get the famous error : CNAME
and other data. (but there's only a SOA and a CNAME records for @);

$ttl 86400
@        IN        SOA        primary.asylog.net. admin.asylog.net. (
                        2001090404
                        10800
                        3600
                        604800
                        86400 )

          IN          NS          primary.asylog.net.
          IN          NS          secondary.asylog.net.
          IN      MX  10  secondary.asylog.net.

primary          IN          A          193.246.250.178
secondary IN      A       193.246.250.179

@         IN      A       193.246.250.178
mail      IN      CNAME   secondary.asylog.net.
webmail   IN      CNAME   secondary.asylog.net.
pop       IN      CNAME   secondary.asylog.net.
imap      IN      CNAME   secondary.asylog.net.
smtp      IN      CNAME   secondary.asylog.net.
*         IN      CNAME   primary.asylog.net.
@         IN      CNAME   primary.asylog.net.

When I comment the last line and reload bind is happy.
Thanks