round robing / load balancind

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Sep 14 17:02:01 UTC 2001

Read the parts of RFCs 1035 and 2821 which deal specifically with
MX records. The numbers are "preference values". Put simply, records with
lower preference values are used before ones with higher preference values.
In the case of equal preference values, mailers are supposedly to pick them
randomly.

- Kevin