denied updated

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Thu Sep 13 06:00:27 UTC 2001

> hi
> can anybody help me in getting rid off the following message in my logs besid
> e the acl blackhole option.
>
>  denied update from [203.197.49.152].3923 for "virtuecomputers.com"
>
> Madan Rai

	The best way to fix this is to fix the offending computer
	that is sending the updates.  This is most probably a
	a computer owned by you / your company (perhaps dialing
	into a ISP).

	http://www.domainregistry.ie/tech/dynamic-dns.html

	If you can't identify the computer involved send a "cease
	and desist" letter.  Along with timestamped log files to
	the person the address space is registered to so that they
	can identify the machine.

	You could also send the security category to the null channel
	however that would blind you to other security incidents.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org