nslookup for W98?

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Sep 13 04:18:22 UTC 2001

At 04:07 PM 9/12/01, Will Yardley wrote:

> > Could some kind soul please point me to nslookup for W98?
>
>hehe that would hardly be doing him a favor :>
>but on a serious note, is there a way to compile dig on cygwin so that
>it will execute without the cygwin dlls?  i'm assuming the answer is no.
>has anyone ported dig (a recent version) to win32 or winnt?

dig has been available on winnt and w2k for almost a year, along with host.
Just get it from the BIND 8.2.x install kit.  You'll need libbind.dll to go
with it.  It will NOT work on Win9x platforms.

BIND 9 versions of dig, host, etc is also available on winnt and w2k.

>god knows how much longer ms will continue including nslookup even tho
>it's deprecated.

nslookup is an application. Just because the BIND community wants to dump
it doesn't mean that noone uses it.

         Danny