Help! NOTZONE error with nsupdate

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Mon Sep 10 16:47:55 UTC 2001

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 09:21:54AM -0700, Paul A Vixie wrote:
> in a way, yes.  if you were running the latest version, then it would be
> worth the community's (and isc's) time helping you debug your problem.

That's a bit cold, Paul.

The thing is ... the folks who could help you [J.M.Roth] best are
running the most recent versions, and so would best be able to help you
if you are running the most recent.  Plus, the bug fixes and added
capabilities may make a solution a lot easier.

We have helped people with old versions of BIND, and as long as our
memories don't fail us, we will continue to try.  But I'm not going to
try all problems on all old versions of BIND ... I only keep around a
few.  And occasionally folks begrudge me that much disk space on a
"real" DNS Server.  ;-]

I haven't been able to answer as much lately - too much work that I get
paid to do [and that people get annoyed if I don't do ;-}], and 'way
too few people to do it.  But I think this answer is more typical of
those who are answering ... and of Paul Vixie, too, on a better day.

OSIS Center Computer Support					EMT-B
	PLEASE ... send or Cc: all "OSIS/COSPO Computer Support"
		     mail to sys-adm at cospo.osis.gov