BIND support for GSS-TSIG - Progress?

Sasso, John IT JSasso at mvphealthcare.com
Fri Sep 7 12:42:39 UTC 2001

Going through the list archives, the issue of BIND support for GSS-TSIG was
discussed last year in threads between Microsoft (Stuart Kwan et.al.) and
ISC (David Conrad), among others.  Unless I'm mistaken, I see there's still
no support for GSS-TSIG in BIND.

Has ISC made any progress at all with working with Microsoft on this issue?
What roadblocks have been met [on either side]?  Any speculation as to when
GSS-TSIG will be supported?

I have a question on reservations through IANA I hope someone can clarify
for me.  According to sec. 2.2 of RFC-2845, "The `HMAC-MD5' algorithm is
mandatory to implement for interoperability.  Other algorithms can be
specified at a later date.  Names and definitions of new algorithms MUST be
registered with IANA."  So implementations compliant w/ RFC-2845 must
implement/use HMAC-MD5 even if they support other algorithms (e.g.
GSS-TSIG), correct?  Second, I went to www.iana.org and tried to locate
where the algorithm HMAC-MD5.SIG-ALG.REG.INT was reserved, but could not
find it.  Does this mean IANA has not registered the algorithm; if so, where
is it at IANA?

Thanks!

				--john