incomplete Dynamic Updates from W2K?

Pat Masterson bat at grumman.com
Sat Sep 1 13:44:53 UTC 2001

 Ted, I am not concerned about the whitespace in the first part of the
record. Thats BIND's normal way of displaying 2 records with the same
first field.
 I guess I wasn't clear in my question. I wanted to know why I have 2 RRs
with the same data. THat shouldn't happen. The DHCP server should be
deleting one of them when the client releases its IP. Then adding a
PTR record for a new workstation with the new IP.
 But it seems to leave the old PTR there and do an update for a different
workstation but with the same IP. So I am getting stale PTRs in the file
with the same IP as the real one. And since the old one is returned
first, we are getting some lookup errors and thats causing me problems.
 So, has anybody seen duplicate records in their dynamically updated zone
files? -pat