bind 9.2r8 and sendmail 8.11.0

Will Yardley william+dns at hq.newdream.net
Tue Oct 30 21:40:14 UTC 2001

Bri- wrote:

> When upgrading from bind 4.9.7 to 9.2r8 (pretty steep upgrade), one of
> the the rules (5.1.8) kicks in and no longer permits me to email with
> an error;
>
> 501 Domain of sender address does not exsist
>
> I'd rather not comment this rule out as bogus mail and spam are a
> pain.

this sounds like a sendmail problem, not a bind problem, so you might
have better luck on the sendmail newsgroup.

if you're using sendmail, you can probably add this to your sendmail.mc
and rebuild your sendmail config.  this is really OT, so if you have any
further sendmail problems, it's probably best to write the sendmail
newsgroup.

FEATURE(accept_unresolvable_domains)

GPG Public Key:
http://infinitejazz.net/will/pgp/