glue record problem

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Oct 24 21:05:07 UTC 2001

The "bbb.aaa" entry doesn't belong in the "xxx" zone file, since it belongs to
the "aaa.xxx" zone and is not a glue record. Modern versions of BIND will in
fact reject a zone file like that. Given that you're doing something illegal,
you shouldn't be surprised if you get inconsistent and/or unexpected results.

- Kevin