Resolving without TLD

Brian Salomaki brian at gambitdesign.com
Tue Oct 23 21:24:03 UTC 2001

I suppose if the DNS server that you have specified in your resolv.conf or
similar file/configuration setting is configured to respond to requests for
"northpoint." with that IP address, then it would work.  If that is the case,
then only clients who are set up with your DNS server in their resolv.conf
will be able to get to that site.  Other resolvers on the internet will not
know to query your server for "northpoint."  Have you tried a 'dig
@yourdnsserver northpoint.'?  Sorry if I'm asking questions that have already
been proposed, but I don't have the entire thread in front of me.

--
Brian Salomaki
Gambit Design Internet Services