Q: how can i resolve a domain to show all hosts?

dave at cpfc.org dave at cpfc.org
Tue Oct 23 16:30:19 UTC 2001

Got linux, unix or solaris then

dig domain.dom

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Cyberdude47 cyberdude47 at hotmail.com
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:37:31 +0200
To: comp-protocols-dns-bind at isc.org
Subject: Q: how can i resolve a domain to show all hosts?

Hi all,

I have a question and I don''t know if it's possible.

If you have a domain say bar.com is there a way to get all the hosts from
their NS?
Such as foo1.bar.com, foo2.bar.com etc...
And I mean the entire list ;) not just the nameservers....
I have a domain I need to check for strange entries in their NS, but have no
clue how to do this...

Oh yeah and what's this operation called? dig? nslookup? resolving? ..... ?
I have Linux and Windows so if there's a special program involved you know
what platform I use :)

Thanks in advance!

--
Greetz,
Cyberdude47.

bash: /bin/laden: No such file or directory