DSL > RH7.1 > 3 clients

Will Yardley william+dns at hq.newdream.net
Tue Oct 16 20:41:57 UTC 2001

Brian Salomaki wrote:

> For what it's worth, I'm getting very sketchy connections to your
> ISP's DNS servers...I can only reach NS1.pbi.net about half the
> time, and I still haven't gotten through to ns2.pbi.net.

yeah i have pbi dsl and their nameservers are almost ALWAYS timing out
(usually one or the other will work, but not both).  i'm not sure what
they're running (i think bind on solaris) but for whatever reason their
nameservers have terrible performance.  i have this problem with both
the caching and authoritative ones.

GPG Public Key:
http://infinitejazz.net/will/pgp/