testing propagation

Brian Salomaki brian at gambitdesign.com
Sun Oct 14 19:02:57 UTC 2001

If all of the delegation is done properly and has propagated to all of the
gtld servers, then any problems with resolving the zone are most likely not
propagation delays, but misconfigurations either on your end or theirs.
Tools such as the open-source doc or commercial utilities such as Men &
Mice's DNS Expert can help to point out any errors in zone data or
delegation.  If you post your domain name on the list, as well as names of
the ISPs/servers that cannot resolve your domain, list members are usually
happy to do a little digging or other work to see if they can find any
problems that may not be obvious at first glance.

--
Brian Salomaki
Gambit Design Internet Services