Strange URL

Terrence Koeman root at mediamonks.net
Wed Oct 10 17:56:37 UTC 2001

If you need to authenticate to a webserver you can do it in the following
form:

http://user:password@host.domain.tld/

If you don't need to authenticate any user or password is ignored, so
http://www.prometheus@gwu.edu is really http://gwu.edu/ and the username
'www.prometheus' is ignored.

Or if you really want to make a fancy hosting construction, you could
serve up a different website for the user 'www.prometheus', but this is
never ment for that.

--
Regards,

Terrence Koeman

Technical Director/Administrator
MediaMonks B.V. (www.mediamonks.nl)

Please quote all replies in correspondence.

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s