nsupdate - flatfiles

Waltner, Steve swaltner at lsil.com
Wed Oct 10 17:18:47 UTC 2001

Why do you care what the contents of the file are? BIND has complete control
of the file. In BIND 8, it appears to store the data in a hash order
(pseudo-random), while BIND 9 appears to write the file as (SOA, NS, all
others sorted alphabetically by record name). Neither of these are required
though. You will need to do a zone transfer and sort it yourself. You can
use the printzone script located on http://homepage.mac.com/swaltner/dns/ to
do this, or roll your own axfr/sort routine.

Steve