Zone hint

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Oct 10 14:35:38 UTC 2001

In article <9pvqog$arr at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Rainaldo Augusto Silva  <rainaldo at mailbr.com.br> wrote:
>Why it has ignored root-server assigned in db.cache when I
>put "forwarders" statment in global options?

When you put "forwarders" in, it means that you want the server to ask
those machines whenever it can't answer a question using already
information in its cache.  So it's supposed to ask the forwarders anything
before asking the root servers (or instead of them, if you use "forward
only").

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA