Name servers list seconday name server as primary name server.

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue Oct 9 14:26:57 UTC 2001

In article <9ptk5t$ql8 at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Andreas Guther <andreas at netfuel.com> wrote:

>Thanks for looking into this.
>The missing information is
>
>1. Domain: bayarea.netfuel.com (sub domain of netfuel.com)
>2. One name server that is returning information retrieved
>from the secondary name server is (from nslookup session):
>I changed today the entries at VeriSign in that way that now
>both name servers are maintained by us.  But I am afraid that
>as long as dns1.dsldesigns.com returns an answer,
>kontiki.concentric.net will continue using that.

You should tell the folks at dsldesigns.com to either remove the zone from
their servers entirely, or configure their servers as slaves of yours.  The
latter will allow the smoothest transition to your servers.

After a couple of days the NS records that point to their servers will
expire and then they can remove the slave zones completely.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA