some BIND warning messages

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sun Oct 7 02:40:20 UTC 2001

At 02:09 PM 10/6/01, Vincent wrote:

>Hi
>
>Could anyone say me how I have to solve the following warning messages
>I receive with BIND 8.2.4 on NT4 Server
>
>directory . is world-writable
>directory C:\BIND824\ETC is world-writable
>cannot set resource limits on this system

Just ignore them, they're innocuous informational messages.  The only way
to get rid of them is to get rid of them from the source code and rebuild.
Unless you do it, it probably won't be fixed in any future version of BIND 8.
I don't recommend that you make the directory specific to the version number
of BIND since the next release of BIND, 8.2.5, is already out and now your
upgrade path is either more complicated or the directory name no longer
reflects the version you are running.  I do recommend that you upgrade to
at least 8.2.5 in any case.

         Danny